Here are the official opening dates for the roads inside Yellowstone Park. If you’re planning a spring trip, please check the status of the roads to ensure you will be able to access the areas you want during your visit. Here is the Park’s road status phone number: Call 307-344-2117 for road updates.
2014 Spring Road Vehicle Opening
- April 18: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 2: Canyon to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Lake is one mile south of Fishing Bridge).
- May 9: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower to Tower Fall.
- May 23: Tower Fall to Canyon (Dunraven Pass); Beartooth Highway.
- Please note: The road between the North and Northeast entrances is open to wheeled vehicles year-round.